- Initial Spread Index (ISI)
- The ISI is a rating of the expected rate of fire spread. It combines the effects of wind and Fine Fuel Moisture Code on rate.
- ISI Rate of Spread -> Slow: 0-3; Moderately fast: 4-7; Fast: 8-12; Very fast: 12-15; Extremely fast: 16 +
- Build Up Index (BUI)
- The BUI is a rating of the total amount of fuel available for combustion that combines Duff Moisture Code and Drought Code.
- BUI Control -> Easy: 0-15; Not Difficult: 16-30; Difficult: 31-45; Very difficult: 46-59; Extremely difficult: 61 +
- Fire Weather Index
- The FWI is a rating of fire intensity that combines Initial Spread Index and Buildup Index.
- FWI Fire Intensity -> Low: 0-5 ; Moderate: 6-12 ; High: 13-20 ; Very High: 21-29 ; Extreme: 30 +
MNRE © 2014-16